Kliniderm Foam Silicone
About Kliniderm Foam Silicone
Kliniderm Foam Silicone is an absorbent polyurethane foam dressing with a soft silicone wound contact layer. This wound contact layer protects the surrounding skin and reduces pain during dressing changes. The absorbent foam layer absorbs and retains exudate. In addition, wound exudate partly evaporates through the dressing, increasing the total absorption capacity. The silicone dressing supports moist wound treatment.
Kliniderm® Foam Silicone range consists of the following product variants:
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone Border
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone Lite
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone Lite Border
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone Heel
- Kliniderm® Foam Silicone Sacrum
- Helps to minimize the risk of pain and damage to the wound at dressing changes
- Protects the surrounding skin
- Easy (re)application
- Comfortable for the patient
- Absorbs and manages exudate
- Supports moist wound healing
- Protective barrier to micro organisms
- Up to 7 days wear time
- Suitable for use under compression
- Skin-friendly due to the gentle silicone adhesive
- A wide range of shapes and sizes in all variants
IndicationsKliniderm® Foam Silicone dressings are indicated for moderate to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds and may be used throughout the healing process on the following wounds:
- Pressure ulcers;
- Venous leg ulcers;
- Diabetic foot ulcers;
- Skin tears;
- Donor sites;
- Postoperative surgical wounds;
- Superficial and partial thickness burns.
- Select a suitable size of Kliniderm® Foam Silicone so that the dressing overlaps the wound margins by approximately 2cm/0.8’’. Non-bordered dressings can be cut to size if necessary.
- Remove the release film before use and apply the adherent side to the wound.
- If necessary, Kliniderm® Foam Silicone can be fixated with a bandage or other fixation.