About Kliniderm Foam
Kliniderm Foam belongs to the latest generation of foam dressings and comes in a version without adhesive edge, with adhesive edge (Border) and heel version (Heel). The foam dressing is one of the most commonly used special wound dressings. They feel comfortable for the patient, absorb a lot of exudate without leakage problems and can remain on the wound for up to 7 days. They also create a favorable wound environment for rapid healing.
Kliniderm Foam absorbs a lot of wound exudate through direct absorption into the foam and through the special top layer with a high water vapor permeability, which passes on the excess exudate. This prevents maceration.
Kliniderm foam dressings are suitable for use under compression bandaging and may be used on cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
The Kliniderm Foam Border has an adhesive layer for a skin-friendly and secure fixation on the skin around the wound.
Kliniderm foam dressings are available in three variants:
- Protective barrier to micro organisms
- Up to 7 days wear time
- Suitable for use under compression
- For treatment of chronic and acute wounds
- Soft, comfortable and highly absorbent
- Can remain in place for up to 7 days
- Sterile if pouch and seal are intact
IndicationsKliniderm® foam dressings are indicated for moderate to heavily exuding chronic and acute wounds and may be used throughout the healing process on the following wounds:
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Postoperative surgical wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Select a suitable size of Kliniderm Foam so that the dressing overlaps the wound margins by approximately 2 cm/0.8”. Cut the dressing to size if necessary.
- Apply to the wound directly.
- In case of using the non-adhesive or heel variant of Klinderm Foam, ensure the dressing is applied to the wound with the pink side up.
- In case of using a non-adhesive or heel variant of Kliniderm Foam, secure the dressing in place with an appropriate retention bandage or tape. The tape should only be applied to the edge of the dressing.