Klinion Mesitran Hydro
About Klinion Mesitran Hydro
Mesitran Hydro is a honey-gel dressing that is very suitable for the treatment of complex and acute wounds that release little to moderate exudate. The honey hydrogel hydrates dehydrated tissue and ensures absorption and retention of exudate. Mesitran Hydro is indicated for complex wounds such as: pressure ulcers, superficial and second degree burns; venous, arterial and diabetic ulcers. Mesitran Hydro is also suitable for acute wounds, such as donor sites, surgical wounds, cuts and abrasions.
The honey reduces inflammatory response, swelling and pain. Due to the high osmolarity of honey, it cleanses the wound of debris and necrosis, promoting wound healing. In addition, Mesitran reduces the risk of scar tissue formation. Mesitran Hydro does not adhere to the wound, which reduces pain during dressing changes and does not damage newly formed tissue.
The semi-permeable (impermeable to bacteria and liquids, permeable to gases and water vapour) wound film provides an optimal moist wound climate that stimulates the physiological healing process of the wound. Wound fluid is absorbed and bound by the gel, the dressing swells and takes the shape of the superficial wound.
The dressing can be left on the wound for several days (3 to 5 days). When treating large wounds, several dressings can be applied consecutively.
- Honey gel with semi-permeable wound film on top
- Semi-permeable film provides a moist wound climate
- Reduces inflammatory response
- Reduces swelling and pain
- Cleaning effect due to high osmolarity
- Takes on the shape of the wound
- Does not adhere to the wound
- Pressure ulcers
- Superficial and second degree burns
- Venous, arterial and diabetic ulcers
- Donor sites
- Surgical wounds
- Cuts and abrasions
- Inspect and, if necessary, cleanse the wound according to applicable protocols.
- Choose the correct dressing size, ensuring sufficient overlap on the healthy skin by approximately 1cm.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the package.
- Remove the first half of the soft plastic backing.
- Gently place the dressing with the slightly adhesive side onto the wound while removing the second half of the plastic backing.
- Once the dressing has been applied, remove the paper backing from the dressing. Make sure that the adhesive edge of the L-Mesitran Border does not come into contact with the wound.
- Cover and fix the L-Mesitran Hydro dressing with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Regularly inspect the wound and surrounding tissue according to current protocols.
- In case of intolerance to the dressing or any of its components; remove the dressing using appropriate techniques and clean the surface carefully.