Klinion Mesitran Border
About Klinion Mesitran Border
Mesitran Border, is an all-around adhesive, hydro-active antibacterial barrier wound dressing with honey; for the treatment of chronic and acute wounds in difficult-to-dress areas that release little to moderate exudate.
- Honey gel with semi-permeable wound film on top
- Semi-permeable film provides a moist wound climate
- Reduces inflammatory response
- Reduces swelling and pain
- Wound is cleaned
- Reduces the risk of scar tissue formation
- Adhesive edge; suitable for places that are difficult to bandage (heel, tailbone)
- Forms to the shape of the wound
- Does not adhere to the wound
- Donor sites (transplanted skin)
- Pressure ulcers (pressure sores)
- Ulcus cruris (ulcer on the lower leg)
- Post-operative wounds
- Remove the sterile dressing from the packaging.
- First remove one half of the white plastic protective layer.
- Gently place the dressing with the adhesive side onto the wound.
- Remove the second half of the protective layer.
- Now remove the paper layer from the dressing and make sure the dressing stays firmly in place.
- Inspect the wound and surrounding skin regularly.