About Kliniderm Hydrocolloid
A sterile hydro-active wound dressing for the treatment of chronic and acute wounds that release little to moderate exudate. Kliniderm Hydrocolloid does not adhere to the wound, which reduces pain during dressing changes and does not damage newly formed tissue.
Kliniderm Hydrocolloid is available in different sizes and variants:
- Kliniderm® Hydrocolloid
- Kliniderm® Hydrocolloid Border
- Kliniderm® Hydrocolloid Border Sacral
- Kliniderm® Hydrocolloid Thin
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Does not adhere to the wound surface (thereby reducing pain associated with dressing removal and preventing trauma to newly formed tissue)
- Impermeable to water and bacteria
- Can stay in place for up to 7 days
- Very flexible
- Available in different sizes and variants (standard, border, border sacral and thin)
- Can be used in combination with compression therapy
Kliniderm Hydrocolloid is intended to be used in the management of low exuding chronic and acute wounds including:
- Superficial chronic wounds (pressure sores, leg ulcers)
- Superficial acute wounds (burns, abrasions, donor sites)
- Post-operative wounds
- Prevention of pressure sores
- Can also be used as a protective dressing on skin beginning to show signs of damage from friction or shear.
Do not use on:
- Ulcers caused by chronic infections
- Arteriopathy stage IV
- 3rd degree burns
- Clean the wound area according to good wound care practice. Ensure the peri-wound skin is dry.
- Select a suitable size of Kliniderm® Hydrocolloid so that the dressing overlaps the wound margins by 2-3 cm.
- Remove the protective paper, apply the adhesive side on the wound surface and smooth down the dressings edges to ensure good adhesion.