Klinidur Standard Compression Bandage
About Klinidur Standard Compression Bandage
This compression bandage is the light version of a durable elastic long stretch bandage. Klinidur Standard provides dosed compression and firm support for fractures, tears and strains of tendons or ligaments. In addition, the bandage is suitable for compression in vascular disorders. Since the Klinidur Standard provides continuous venous pressure, it must be removed overnight. A correct way of applying the bandages takes some practice.
- 82% cotton, 13% polyamide and 5% elastane
- Resistant to perspiration
- Suitable for compression and support to fractures and ruptured or sprained tendons or ligaments
- Suitable for compression in patients with vascular diseases.
- Do not apply directly onto open wounds
- Do not use directly on damaged skin
- Do not apply the bandage too tightly, as this can have a negative impact on blood circulation
Use a circular bandaging technique. The bandaging method described below involves winding around the leg.
- Select the correct bandage width, based on the diameter of the leg which is to be bandaged.
- Product length is based on fully stretched bandage.
- The foot should generally be kept at a 90° angle with respect to the leg.
- When bandaging, the roll should be kept as close to the leg as possible.
- Start with the bandage in the middle of the sole of the foot, just covering the big toe joint (fig. 1).
- Wind it once around the middle of the heel and then around the lower part of the heel, followed by the upper part of the heel (fig. 2 to 4).
- Wind the bandage upwards around the calf until just below the knee and fix at this point with a Kliniplast surgical tape fixing plaster (fig. 5 to 8).