Klinion Mesitran Net
About Klinion Mesitran Net
Mesitran Net is a hydro-active wound dressing with honey, which provides a bacterial barrier. It protects newly formed tissue and is suitable for wounds that release little to moderate exudate.
Mesitran Net is a sterile, non-adherent wound dressing composed of a synthetic net with honey gel. The honey reduces the inflammatory response. It also reduces swelling and pain. Due to the high osmolarity of honey, it cleanses the wound of debris and necrosis, promoting wound healing. The wound contact material reduces odors and the risk of scar tissue formation. Wound fluid is partially absorbed and excess fluid is transferred to the secondary dressing (absorbent dressing or gauze dressing) which can be applied onto the net dressing. The net dressing can remain on the wound for 3-5 days; the secondary dressing can be changed if necessary. When treating large wounds, several net dressings can be applied consecutively.
- Synthetic net with honey gel
- Moist wound environment
- Reduces inflammatory response
- Reduces swelling and pain
- Protects newly formed tissue
- Cleaning effect due to high osmolarity
- Partially absorbs exudate and transfers excess exudate to secondary dressing
- Odor neutralizing
- Reduces the risk of scar tissue formation
- Does not adhere to the wound
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Post-operative wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Venous leg ulcer
- Inspect and clean the wound according to applicable protocols.
- Remove the sterile dressing from the package.
- Remove the dressing from the plastic backing and gently place the dressing with the slightly adhesive side onto the wound.
- Cover and fix the dressing with a suitable secondary dressing.
- Regularly check the wound and surrounding tissue according to current protocols.